Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cutlery Over Clothes

Anyone who knows me knows that I love retail therapy. I love clothes, makeup, hair products- anything girly. My grandma always joked that I had a shopping addiction and I started to believe her for a little while there! Until the dreaded day came... I chose cutlery over clothes.

For the most part, I have been living with my boyfriend, Peter, for the last year and a half. We live in his mother's condo but she only stays with us here 1-2 nights a week. Since she purchased it before moving in with her boyfriend, we didn't have to worry about furniture or anything.

Back in December Peter wanted to purchase a new TV stand. He paid for it so I didn't think anything of it. Then, last week we went to Target to shop for bridal shower presents for a friend of mine. We began looking at knife sets to buy her and ended up agreeing to buy new "top of the line" knives. KNIVES! When I go to Target I buy clothes and makeup....I BOUGHT KNIVES!


Don't get me wrong, it is so exciting that I am purchasing household items with Peter. But I find it HILARIOUS that we are 20 and purchasing knife sets; I feel like a 40-year-old couple. I love where we are in our life but for me to pick knives over a new romper...CRAZY.

But, he is the most amazing man in my life & everyday he drives me, showing me what love is. So for what we have, I would buy knives over clothes any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment