Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Roller Girl

Yet another skating competition has arrived! It is not a big "important" competition, just a small one more for fun. But this will be a VERY busy weekend. Friday I have to drive to the competition rink for an official practice, once I am finished I have to go babysit until 11 p.m., and then I will be picking up my new girlfran Shannise and we are going to bake a cake and watch a movie NO SLEEP since I have to start getting ready at 2 a.m. If I tried to sleep, I would never wake up so staying awake is the best option for this girl! Then we will leave at 3:45 a.m, and head to the rink where I skate at 6:15 and 7:30. Then again on Sunday at 9, but at least I will be able to sleep for that one. :)

Being a roller skater is something I have loved since I was a little girl. No matter how nervous I am, when I get onto that floor everything goes away and I just let all my worries go and try my best to shine. I love the feeling of being out there with everyone watching, so I can show them all of the hard work and dedication I put into doing what I do. What is even greater than winning a medal, is having younger girls that are just starting out come up to me telling me that they look up to me; It really does not get any better than that. 

Saturday my mom is not able to come, because I did not want her to have to wake up that early and drive an hour. She will be there Sunday though, along with my grandma. 
Although my family is a HUGE support, my mom is my biggest fan; she comes to watch whenever I ask her, she helps however she can, and makes sure I have everything I need... and it means the world to me.
She was there when I became a National Finalist for the first time and we burst into tears and we hugged and danced up and down- It is something I will never forget.

Skating is something that takes work, dedication, ambition, and it has it's ups and downs but I love it more than anything.




So hopefully I do well, even on no sleep! We'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment