Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Thanksgiving and Christmas are quickly approaching. Which means two things, I have to pay for Spring semester classes and PRESENTS!

I'm actually extremely excited for next semester. Although it will likely be a hard semester, I am excited that it will be my 2nd to last one before I get my degree and transfer to a University for my Bachelor's degree. I am so excited to finish community college because it means I can begin substitute teaching, which means I will finally begin on a whole new chapter in my life as a teacher.

Besides, registering for classes, my favorite time of year is quickly approaching. I LOVE this time of year; it's so full of joy and giving. The smell of the cold, drinking hot chocolate, singing songs, watching movies, seeing lights, playing in snow, decorating the tree, baking cookies...all with friends and family, which makes it all that much better. I love shopping for presents for people. Not getting the most expensive things, but the most meaningful things. I've already started my list of gifts and I plan to begin that shopping soon!

Another thing I'm very excited about is donating to charity. There is a charity called, "The Family Living Center" and it caught my attention because it is a homeless shelter for families only. The thought of a family spending the holidays in a homeless shelter is heart breaking, so I plan on collecting clothes and toys from work, friends, and family to give to this shelter during the holidays and hopefully make someone's Christmas special for them.

There is nothing better than this time of year, and I look forward to spending it with some of the amazing people I have in my life.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment